Civic Data Operators Discussion Group
The Civic Data Operators group allows those working to connect libraries with civic data in their local communities to exchange information and ideas and resources. While the Civic Switchboard project has been an promoter of this community, it is our hope for this group to have its own identity and sense of ownership beyond any particular project.
Visit the Google group to join the list here.
Subscribers can ask questions, carry on discussions, and post materials from other sources they think would be of interest to the group. The list is public and not moderated, but admins reserve the right to delete messages that are markedly off-subject or inappropriate (advertisements, solicitations, partisan political tracts, etc.) Subscribers are responsible for obtaining permission ahead of time before they post anything that is not clearly in the public domain.
When using the Google Group, please keep in mind:
- This list is not moderated, meaning that all message postings will automatically be sent to the group.
- Using the new Google Groups interface, you can change your settings (nickname display, how often you want to receive emails, unsubscribe, get email alerts of messages containing specific keywords, etc.) through clicking on the “My membership” link in the blue bar at the top of the page. In the older interface, choose “Edit my membership” from the right-hand menu.
- Please BE NOTE TO WHOM YOU ARE REPLYING when you respond to a message posted on the list. If you just hit the “Reply” button, you will send a message back to the entire list. If you want to respond to just the author of the original message, please choose “reply to author” instead.
Code of Conduct
The Civic Data Operators group is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Any group member violating these rules will be removed from the group at the discretion of the group administrators.
- Be respectful of a diversity of opinions and experiences within the group.
- Refrain from posting highly sensitive or confidential material or opinions.
- Cite your peers and provide proper credit for techniques and reports shared through the Google Group.
- Do not share opinions expressed by fellow members outside of the group without explicit permission.