The Civic Switchboard project started with generous support from the Institute for Museum and Library Services, through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries award in 2017.
Today we are delighted to share the news that our funding from IMLS has been extended with a supplemental award that will support an additional 18 months of activity. We are very grateful to IMLS for their continued support.
We are excited to continue this work and are appreciative of everyone who has contributed to the project thus far including workshop participants, field awardees, and participants in community of practice events. Your local partnerships are the core of the Civic Switchboard project!
This additional support will allow us to further the impact of our project by:
- running an additional workshop for teams of librarians and civic data intermediaries
- awarding another round of field projects to stimulate libraries’ engagement supporting civic data through partnerships in their local communities
- improving the online Civic Switchboard Guide we have created through additional design and outreach
- continuing to promote the project
- and supporting an external evaluator to assess our overall project activity.
We will open applications for the next workshop and field awards in January, 2020. We’ll be sharing more detailed information about these opportunities soon. Stay in touch by signing up for our mailing list, following us on Twitter, or joining the Civic Data Operators group.